Monday, October 28, 2013

Cheesecake in a jar!








                                         I made these this past week! Oh my goodness were they good. I have made this recipe before, but in a larger single cake form. I love making single serving jar cakes. They are so cute and easy to eat. Too easy to eat unfortunately. All that is going to stop this week though. It's time to crack down and start eating healthier. I love to bake so much though. I just won't be doing it as often. It's good for us, it's good for us.....oh did you hear that sorry I have to keep telling myself this. Anyway here's the recipe. You will thank me if you try it. Not my recipe, don't remember the original source ( sorry) but it's very GOOD!

Golden Oreo Cheesecake

28 Golden Oreos ( I use the cheapo store brand and still tastes great)
3 Tbs. melted butter
about 24 wrapped caramels
1 Tbs. water
2 packages cream cheese
1 C marshmallow fluff
1 egg

               Preheat oven to 350. Crush 18 cookies and mix with melted butter. Press mixture firmly into bottom of pan to make crust. Bake for 10 mins. Cool 10-15 minutes. Unwrap caramels and place in microwave safe bowl with water. Now coarsely chop remaining 10 cookies and set aside.

               With mixer beat together cream cheese and marshmallow fluff on medium speed and scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and mix about 30 sec. more. Stir in chopped cookies. Pour mixture onto crust in pan.
                 Melt caramels and water in microwave for 30 seconds then stir and continue to microwave 30 sec. more. When melted drop by spoonfuls over batter in pan. Take a knife and swirl caramel mixture through batter. Bake 20-25 minutes  or until center is set. Cool 20 minutes then refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.  YUMMY!

 To make in jars, just divide and place ingredients in jars and of course bake a shorter time. Mine took about 13 minutes to bake.

                                          They were really good. The full size cake is good, too. Let me if you try one. The little jars just make the servings more fun I think. Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment