Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A kitchen night light

                                     

                                         
 
 
 

 
 
I don't know why but I really like Smucker's grape jelly jars. I just think they are the cutest things.
I decided it was time to do something with one, other than put it in the recycle bin (not that there's anything wrong with that). So I made a night light out of one. I sprayed it with frosted spray paint, added some decorations, and put some tiny lights inside. I poked a hole through the lid and put the lights in that way. I used to to sell the lighted wine bottles some time ago and my Hubby drilled the holes for me. This time I "cheated" and put the hole in the lid. You can't see the cord coming out of the top because I added the decorations to hide it. The lights are small enough inside that the jar doesn't get hot even when I leave it plugged in all night. Here's what it looks like in the light.
 

  I thought about hanging a bunch of grapes on the side, but I wanted to use what I had here and all of my grape bunches were too large and looked a bit awkward on there. Another project made with things I already had on hand. I really like it! What do you think?  Have you made any night lights? Or light up jars. I want to try a solar one next. We'll see.... Have a sweet day!

 

2 comments:

  1. You ought to send a picture to Sumuckers - it is really cute and practical, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I never thought about sending them a picture. Hmmm.....

      Delete