Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lists

                        Are you a list maker?  I used to be. I had to. It was the only way I could remember to do everything that needed to be done.  Somewhere along the way I stopped doing it. I don't remember why... I didn't make a list!  Now I am trying to get back into the habit of making lists again, but I'm afraid I might take the list thing too far. You know, crazy lists and lists of my lists?  Don't laugh, it happened before. So imagine how excited I was when I found this book at the library the other day. It has good lists in it. Not the regular list like, don't forget milk, pick up the Boy after school, or remember to turn off the light when you leave the room ( is this an issue for you as well?). Really good life lists. Like this one.

                 20 Power Thoughts
  1. Curiosity leads to creativity.
  2. Trust your positive instincts.
  3. When it's dark, look for the stars.
  4. Faith is always stronger than failure.
  5. Build a dream and the dream builds you.
  6. Obstacles are opportunities in disguise.
  7. When the going gets tough- laugh.
  8. Don't miss the best things in life.
  9. Itemize your assets.
  10. Fix the problem, not the blame.
  11. Share the credit.
  12. Never make an irreversible decision in down time.
  13. Treasure time like gold.
  14. Never judge reality by your limited experiences.
  15. You will never win if you never begin.
  16. Success without conflict is unrealistic.
  17. Make sure your dreams are big enough for God to fit in.
  18. Never let a problem become an excuse.
  19. When it looks like you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: You haven't!
  20. Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.

Robert H. Schuller
From  Power Thoughts

This list is on page 48 of an aprox. 150 page book. I love books like this. Right there, so simple yet thought provoking too.  Another one I like.

Four Ways to Grow Old Gracefully:
  1. Fear less, Hope more.
  2. Eat less, chew more.
  3. Talk less, say more.
  4. Hate less, Love more.
From a "Dear Abby" newspaper column.

Have a really special day! Do something nice for someone. Do something you have been putting off. Do something that challenges you. Maybe something that is outside of your comfort zone. Do it with joy.





 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Talk less and say more - something we could all learn from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are several I relate to and a few I need to get to know better! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete