Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Bread pudding in a mug

 I finally decided to try another mug recipe. I  L.O.V.E. bread pudding. One of my favorites. So when I found a recipe for french toast in a mug here I had to make it more like bread pudding, which of course means sweeter. At least that's what it meant to me. It turned out pretty good. I was a little disappointed with the amount I had when it was finished cooking. You can see how much was in the bowl before microwaving and how it cooked down when it was done. Still good though. Here's my modified recipe.

Bread Pudding in a Mug

  1. 2 pieces of bread (any kind)
  2. 1/2 egg plus 1 tsp. water
  3. 3 Tbs. liquid coffee creamer ( I was out of milk)
  4. 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
  5. 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
  6.  a few drops of vanilla
  7.  sprinkle of cinnamon
Cube the bread slices and put in a bowl. Mix all other ingredients together and
pour over bread. Stir to coat the bread pieces well. I let it sit for about 3 or 4
minutes together before I poured it into the mug. Microwave for about 1 minute
add extra time by 10 secs. if you want or until done. At this point let sit for a few minutes
to cool. Comes out of the microwave pretty warm. Please use caution here.
And that's it! Yummy! Have you tried any of these yet? They are pretty good.
Let me know if you do.
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment