Friday, April 20, 2012

A Project....yippie!






I did it! Can you believe it?  Not only did I post another post this week, but I posted a project. WOW. I know a lot of these wreathes are being made right now so it really isn't a new project, but it might be new to some. I have seen this idea all over blog land, which is why I decided to make one. Well that and the fact it is made from CUPCAKE WRAPPERS. And as you know if it's cupcake related, I'm so there. I'm pretty happy with the end result.What do you think? I had a slow start with this one. Wasted about 10 wrappers.  I didn't like the way it was turning out, so I started over. So this project took about 1 1/2 hours ( probably because I started over) and total cost was about $4.00. Yep 4 bucks. So you wanna know how it's made? I guess if you are still reading than the answer would be yes.
      I started out doing the folding method but after about 20 wrappers I realized I did not care for how it was looking. Was starting to fear the hot glue gun a bit, too. So I took  those wrappers off and started doing the pencil method (pic. # 3) which by the way is MUCH safer for me. Anyone who knows me knows about my other glue gun mishaps. Not good people, not good. Any way. The pencil method is where you wrap the liner in a pencil, put a little glue on the end and then stick it on the wreath. I moved around and filled in different sections on the Styrofoam then came back and filled in the rest. Some others cover the styro with ribbon first and then the wrappers, I didn't want to take the time to find ribbon so I just skipped that part. Totally up to you. You can see in pic.#5  that it really isn't too attractive at this point, needs many more wrappers. So I did just that, added more. I used about 140 wrappers not counting the 10 that I had to throw away because they were messed up from the first try. I used what I could for the last few. I think I would have used all 150 plus more if I would have had them. I don't like to waste anything. But I'm actually happy with the 140 on there. I just used some ribbon I already had here to hang it on the kitchen door.  So, that's pretty much the gist of it. Tell me what you think. Maybe try making one yourself. It was fun once I got on a roll. And....... I DIDN'T BURN MYSELF. priceless.
Have a sweet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment