Tuesday, September 17, 2013

An easel display




 
 
                                                     I found this easel several weeks ago at the thrift store. I just had to have it. It was so cute. I knew it could become something more. Now don't get me wrong, the picture of the trolley is cute and all, it just doesn't match anything else in my house. The easel itself is not big at all, about 8 inches tall and 5 inches wide. My first thought was a recipe card holder for the kitchen. Most of my recipes are on full sheets of paper, so that wouldn't work. Then I remembered this digital photo frame my Mom had given me. Turns out the easel is the perfect size to hold it. I just needed to give it a quick make over. I figured for 90 cents why not give it a shot?
 
 


 
                                                       So here it is after I added some fabric to the front and some trim for a better ledge to hold the photo frame. I decided not to paint it. I like the natural wood look of it.
 
 



 
                                                     What do you think, pretty cute huh?  The easel turned out cute, too. The photo frame sits perfectly on there. It makes a nice display for my desk. Can't beat it for 90 cents. The picture showing is one of my all time favorites of my Boy. He's smiling and laughing for his Daddy. Love those two! Have a really sweet day today!

2 comments:

  1. I think for .90 cents you got a super great deal. You could use it for so many things!

    ReplyDelete