Sunday, June 24, 2012

A few pounds lighter

Not me, I wish!  My house, which is still nice. We had a yard sale this weekend and got rid of a lot of stuff. I am so happy. The yard sale went really well. The weather was BEAUTIFUL! Could not have been better. Everything that was left at the closing on Saturday I took to Goodwill. Only a handful of things came back in. We make a deal with the Boy when we have sales. He goes through his things and he keeps all the money he gets for selling his stuff. See, there is a method to this madness. The more he sells, the more money he receives. Which means more stuff goes into the sale. This has worked wonders for us!! We really had FUN, too. All three of us together outside for two days. it was well worth it. we have plans for a second one later this summer. We will have to see how that goes. So the house is lighter. Now it's time to work on me! Maybe the next post with this title will be about me! Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Its good for kids to learn how to purge, we did the same thing with my stepkids. Otherwise, they have no sense of urgency to let things go. I need to work on me being lighter too - 15 lbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. If we teach them to purge and keep only the important things, they will learn how to let the "not so important" things go. 15 lbs. sounds good to me too! Thanks!

      Delete