Thursday, August 8, 2013

The big picture




                                              I know right. I have amazing taste in art, don't I? I hope you know I'm, as the saying goes, pulling your leg. I bought this beauty at the thrift store for.... are you ready......$2.50. That's right folks for only $2.50 this baby was mine  (jealous? I know you are!). Of course I had to work a little magic on it. Not that it needed it. Hah. I took it apart and sprayed the frame with Rustoleum Oil Rubbed Bronze paint. I added a picture from our recent beach trip. Here's what it looks like now.

                                              
                                                     I had the photo enlarged and made black and white. I had it done at Staples. To have it enlarged was only about $3.60 with tax it came to about $3.85 I think. I ordered it online. Just uploaded my picture and picked the size I wanted and chose black and white. I checked the pick up at your local Staples store box and that was it! Can you believe it was done the very same day? I ordered it Tuesday morning about 8:00 am and the store called around 11:00 to tell me it was ready. Now, it is done on paper, not photo quality, kind of thin. It is an engineer print. But really who cares. It looks great. Next time I will have to make sure I size it right so the white border isn't across the top and bottom. You can hardly notice the line across the top, even close up. I love it. It now hangs in our family room. Did I mention it is big, I mean BIG. It is 24 inches wide and 36 inches high. I can't wait to get another one made as soon as I decide what to have done. Ooh maybe pics from DC? Here's another shot of it hanging.



                                           This project was under $10.00. I think I'm going to add something to cover that white space. Maybe a mat or something not sure yet. Really happy with how it came out though. Staples even offered a larger size. I thought I would have a hard time finding a frame for anything bigger. I got mine here. I will be doing more soon. Some smaller ones too. Let me know if you try it. Have a sweet day!

6 comments:

  1. That is a really great picture and the way you did it reasonably priced, too! Why don't you get some bigger alphabet stickers and spell out BEACH or VACATION or? on the bottom? Or cut them out of black construction paper if you want to be thrifty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We don't have many recent family pictures up, not sure why. The word across the bottom sounds like a good idea! Hmmm, gets me thinking. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Very well done - I really like it in B&W. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the B&W, too! came out better than I hoped it.

      Delete
  3. I love it.........now find me a big mirror!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Just keep looking for one at the thrift store! I will look for one for you, too.

      Delete