Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Yard sales.......soon!



                                          I can't wait for yard sale season to start. I love going to them and we love having them. Every year we have one at the beginning of the summer. The Boy goes through all his stuff and decides what he wants to sell, too. We started this several years ago. The deal we make is that he keeps the money he gets from selling his stuff, after all it is his stuff . He usually has something in mind he wants to use the money for. In the past he has made enough for an Ipod touch, 1/2 of a laptop, and last year he used that money and Birthday money to get a pretty good desktop computer. He usually makes the most money. We have fun and we make some money. The cake plate above is one of my favorite yard sale purchases. For $5.00, not bad. Found it at the first yard sale of the season we went to two years ago Our last name starts with W, so how could I pass it up? Not to mention I have a cake plate obsession. I have a few. This is the only one that gets used though. I am looking forward to spring. I don't think we will be having spring temperatures just yet though. SOON! Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I have started to make a list of things I want to find at a yard sale this summer and a cake plate is on it. Also looking for a bird bath (they are very expensive new). Still adding to the list. Great cake plate for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my cake plate. I hope you find your bird bath. The good ones are expensive. I need to make a list too. We need a nightstand, lamps, and I would love to find a buffet to refinish.

    ReplyDelete