Friday, March 15, 2013

Before and After


I really need to come up with a better title than that.  Something catchy, or at least better. Any suggestions?  I will have to think about that one.  Here's my newest B&A.  The phone jack in the kitchen is one for a wall mounted phone and is not in the best place.  Not real attractive to look at I might add.  Here she is in all her glory:


                                                                                                                                                

Pretty, huh?
 
We don't use a wall mounted phone anymore. We did when we first moved in ,but not anymore. The
cordless phone sits on a table around the "corner". Short of moving the phone jack ( which isn't happening) I needed to come up with a way to disguise this spot. I had something covering it before but I've never really been happy with that either  I saw this little diamond in the rough the other day at the thrift store and thought I could make something work. It needed a little make-over first.
 
 
a whole $ 0.99
 A coat of paint, a little sanding, and some stain, might work.  Oh yeah, can't forget the hole I cut in the back. Sorry don't have a picture of that. I think it fits pretty well there. I also added a white (duh, why didn't I think of that before?) phone cord. What do you think? Better? I think so.
 
 
 
So that's my before and after. Still need to come up with a better name. Didn't take much time and as I said before the wooden box was $.99. Not too shabby. Have you done any make-overs lately?  Did you like how it turned out?

2 comments: