Monday, January 14, 2013

For every age

The other day I was rearranging some things in our office and I came across this poster. It was in the Boy's room when he was younger. I hadn't read it in some time. We moved into our house in 2005 and we didn't hang it in there then. Afterall, he was a "big boy" now (5). As I stood there reading it, I started thinking about all the things you plan when they are little. All the hopes and dreams you have for them. We have had so much fun along the way. I have always said I love each and every stage of growth more than the last. Sometimes as they get older you do less and less for them, you start to feel like they don't need you. Now that he's 12 ( and 1/2) he still needs me, only in different ways. There are many things we still need to teach him. But, I have to say I am so very proud of him and the person he is and I can't wait to see the person he becomes. We are learning from each other. There are many things I wish for him, way too many to list here. But, I really hope he knows we love him and truly want the best of everything for him. I know he does. I almost got rid of the poster. I think I will hang on to it! It has some good advice for any age. They are all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment